Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Third Grade

When I meet someone that I really like, one of my first impulses is to ask them if they want to read my blog, and then, if they blog as well. But I'm always too self-conscious to actually do it.

I adore my daughter Suzy’s third grade teacher. She is wonderful and amazing and neat and I want to be just like her when I grow up. The last two times I went to volunteer we got some time to talk, not very common because she’s, you know, busy teaching. But lately it has been recess when I get there and, even though that’s still a pretty busy time, we've had a few minutes to chat. Today we had close to the whole hour (while we were both busy working, of course) because shortly after recess the kids went to the library then somewhere else that I didn't ever actually figure out.

I wanted to give her my blog url. I wanted to give her my email address. I wanted to invite her over for a slumber party. She's awesome.

4 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Good teachers like that are a treasure!

Cassie said...

Did you give it to her? You should! Or ask her out for coffee!

Ally Jay said...

Why not pop it in card. I'm sure she'd be pleased.

Momma B said...

It sounds like giving out your url is just an easy way for you to extend true self without feeling like you are slobbering all over someone. This would be an easy way for you to get to know me a little better, because I think you are great! Oh, and, I really am not crazy! Boy, I know I feel that way from time to time!!! Having someone read your blog gives them a bird's eye view of what goes on inside your head and it really does let them on the inside of all of your feelings, thoughts, and crazed ways! I never knew how freeing it would be to spill my guts online. I am glad that I started. Oh, and by the way, I email my friends just to let them know I have been "at it again" almost every time I post something new! You are not alone in wanting to share yourself with people you like!

You know, I am noticing more and more that I talk alot online as well as in person! Sorry about that!!!