Friday, September 05, 2008

Puppy Victrola

Yesterday evening my poor little Pepster got bit by a little Jack Russell Terrier from up the street. She took their barking game a little too far and now good chunk is gone from his right ear. We took him in to see the emergency vet up the street and brought him home with this fancy new cone, a round of antibiotics and some medication for the pain. He's feeling a little grouchy, understandably. He keeps bumping the cone into everything, including my legs.

I took the above picture this morning on my phone because I knew he'd follow me if I got up to get my camera. I can't get the pictures off of my phone (I'm too lame to bother with reading instructions and such) so I just took a picture of the display screen.

In order to stitch him up they had to completely knock my poor little pup out (too wiggly to do it otherwise) which meant it ended up costing considerably more than I had hoped. After we got home from leaving Pep to get fixed up, my sweet little girls went down to their rooms and each returned with their respective life savings to donate to their beloved, although hyper, naughty and crazy, dog. Their contributions ended up covering half the total cost. I did let them give their money because helping meant so very much to them.

Pepster wasn't released until after midnight, so by then all girls were asleep. However, there was much excitement and happiness this morning which made getting ready for school a bit challenging. Thankfully it's a short day as they all were voting to stay home (no! I'm tired!! I was up all night with a crying puppy).


Our sweet (I think I may only be saying that because he's hurt - he really is a stinker!) little Pep is now, and maybe forever, also known as Conehead.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor conehead!

Anonymous said...

Awww poor puppy.

Ruth's Place said...

Poor puppy! How sweet that your girls wanted to help out.

Tracy Batchelder said...

He does look like a victrola. Glad he's okay now. How sweet that the girls offered their savings to help pay for the bill.

Sharon said...

Poor baby! That is sweet about your girls!

Tami said...

I never thought I'd hear you talk so lovingly about your dog. Was that a $20 in that bag of donations? Can I be one of your girls. I'll be really good and go to bed when I have to and clean up after myself.

Cassie said...

I hope your pup is doing better!

Ally Jay said...

What a lovely gesture from your girls, how responsible they are already. Great job.