Friday, September 19, 2008

my kind of trail mix

While blog surfing a month or so ago I came upon a picture of a bowl filled with a variety of M&M's and the caption, "That's what I call trail mix!" My dad and I share an affinity for the chocolatey pieces of candy bliss so when his birthday approached I was struck with an idea that can be attributed to nothing but sheer inspiration (oh and also perhaps that blog entry):


I filled a container with almond, peanut, plain & (my personal favorite) peanut butter m&m's. Mmmmmm... Really, what more could a person want in life? I can't think of a single thing.


8 comments:

Nancy said...

Yum, chocolate! What fun, I am sure he will enjoy this gift in more ways than one.

I have enjoyed reading some of your blog, and I'll definitely be back.

Ally Jay said...

Oh scrumptious.

Cassie said...

Peanut M&M's are my favorite!

Tracy Batchelder said...

A gift that will be well loved. Did you have any left over for yourself?

Anonymous said...

Hey, we've been making AndFam Trail Mix like that for years (with some variations, including the short-lived crispy m&ms) -- here's proof I did not just say that to sound cool, but that we've done it for years:

The Grand Lunar's Blog

My personal favorite are the peanut butter ones, too, but I must flee now, because I'm trying to eat healthy and you are tempting me sorely ...

Jen said...

Hey chocolate and peanuts are healthy! LOL! Eat some chocolate Kim. It's good for you. ;)

That is a wonderful idea for a gift! I only know one person who doesn't like chocolate and she moved to Texas. I'm thinking this may just be a few Christmas gifts this year.

Momma B said...

You are speaking my launguage, although I never really allow myself to have them! I don't need one more reason to eat goodies!

I find that a 1lb. bag of peanut m&m's is the only true cure for PMS!

I bet your dad loved the personal touch!!! I love gifts that are tailored to the person they are intended for! It becomes more than just giving, when the recipient is truly considered!

Tami said...

That's a great idea. I think your brother needs a bottle of that.