Sunday, September 07, 2008

Little Buddies

Typing that title made me think of "Little Buddy Diapers" from the movie Elf. I love that movie. Probably too much.

Inspired by elements from a few different crochet and knit toys I've seen here and there, I designed these little fellows using up yarn from my endless stash. I think I'm in love.

First came Lola. She was supposed to be a triangle, but didn't really end up looking much like one after all. At first I also mistakenly thought she was a he. We thought the same thing about our third and fourth children too, before birth (for one) and a better ultrasound (for the other) proved us wrong. I don't feel so bad about not knowing with Lola. Yarn can be tricky like that.

Next to come was Henry. He's a little nervous, if you can't tell. I'm thinking about putting him on celexa or zoloft or something.

And lastly, Pat. I don't know. You tell me.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

too cute! And seriously, you've only been crocheting a month or two?!?! I guess I should learn how!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Love 'em! Each one is so full of personality!

Cassie said...

Those are darn cute!

Anonymous said...

I love these! They are so appealing and engaging!

I'm super behind in everything, but had to stop and comment on these adorable fellows.

Tami said...

You should seriously think about selling these on etsy. People would really buy them.. I know I would. I can't believe how cute they are. My favorite is Henry, and Pat is deffinately the little girl of the bunch.

Sarah said...

Pat looks like a peanut--I love he/she/it! What's that? It's Pat!

I love them all.

Anonymous said...

Marcia I absolutly LOVE them all. You have done such a great job at capturing the personality of each one. I totally think you should use the name I mentioned last week for the group of them. Good Job Mama ;)

Anonymous said...

Teach me! Teach me! You know how slow I am with crocheting so be patient. :)