Sunday, January 18, 2009

more nokies

I've been making smaller (probably receiving blanket size) rag blankets for the NICU. Tessa was sick with the Group B Strep virus when she was born and stayed a little while in the hospital. Upon her release we were given a tote bag with words on the front that read, "NICU graduate." In the bag were a few baby items that are still special to me. A handmade bib and a flannel blanket were among the bag's contents. I'm hopeful that these blankets I'm making will find themselves in graduate bags. I have flannel with sports equipment, duckies and grasshoppers too.

9 comments:

Ally Jay said...

A great idea. I would have really appreciated such a gift.

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

Those are adorable! I love the way you find ways to give back to places that had given to you. It's hard sometimes to really show your appreciation for the handmade gifts that some very caring person donates to the hospital, but you are definitely paying that graciousness forward. It is a beautiful thing! :)

Tracy Batchelder said...

Cute!

Momma B said...

I think this "bankie" is soooo cool! I think it would be such a great gift!

I finished grandma's blanket, but did not think to take a pic of it before I have it to her!?!? Oh well!

Momma B said...

I think this "bankie" is soooo cool! I think it would be such a great gift!

I finished grandma's blanket, but did not think to take a pic of it before I have it to her!?!? Oh well!

Sandi said...

That is exactly what I am looking for to go with my knitting ministry! Where do I find the how-to to make these blankets? We are going to be making them for our local pregnancy center and hospitals.

Jen said...

What a great idea! This is a great project for the girls for next year maybe. =)

Candy said...

precious! How do you do these? I think Hannah and I would have a good time doing these together.

Candy said...

thestacksfamily@hotmail.com

Thanks!! :-)