Monday, October 01, 2007

Blackberry Stitch

After knitting the Garterlac Dishcloth I decided to give a few other new dishcloth patterns a try. A bobble cloth caught my eye but after looking the pattern over, I decided I'd rather look through my stitchionary for a bobble, or something similar, that I could knit into a square. #242 was the winning pattern. I like the idea of bobbles for scrubbing purposes, but because I knit this for a gift (it will be part of a black & white dishcloth set) I won't be able to test out my theory until I make time to knit one for myself. Though this isn't a true bobble (I don't think so anyway), it is bumpy and I love the texture. It was a fun pattern and I'm thinking I'd also really like it for a sweater, maybe a cardigan or something. Of course that means I'd then have to knit a sweater (terrifying thought that it is).

For my black & white dishcloth set, I picked up Sugar 'n Cream cotton in three colors: white, black & salt and pepper. Now, I have some white still on a cone. There isn't much left, but plenty for several dishcloths. Why did I go buy more when I still had enough? Oh, because the mostly-gone cone would not have looked so cute in this picture.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

What book do you have that tells you the fancy stitches? Very pretty by the way.

Sandi said...

I love that stitch pattern. I think it is also called the "trinity" stitch since it uses a series of three stitches to make the bobble look. I tried another flower dishcloth and couldn't get it to work, so back to a garterlac one! Sandi

Tracy Batchelder said...

That stitch pattern looks like it will make a perfect dishcloth. And of course you needed a ball of white yarn for the picture. Looking forward to see what patterns you decide to use for the black & salt and pepper.

I'm sure you could knit a sweater if you gave it a try. Start with a baby sized one if you are worried about it.

Jen said...

That's a cool stitch! I have yet to find black cotton.