Wednesday, October 17, 2007

a gift basket


This is the first gift basket I've ever put together. It is small and simple, containing a couple of really cool travel coffee cups that passed the car accident test. A few weeks ago my husband had left his Contigo Autoseal cup at work over the weekend. On Monday he had to use an older one with just a hole in the lid (the contigo one has a push button that opens the drinking hole, easy to use while driving!). On the way home from work he was rear-ended and both cups, both with some coffee left in them, went flying. But only the older one spilled. The Contigo cup didn't even lose a drop!

Also in the basket is a package of Starbucks coffee beans - Colombian, and homemade anise biscotti. I was scared to make the cookies and put it off for two days, but it really wasn't hard. The recipe called for anise extract and brandy, both of which I did not have. Instead of the anise extract I used extra vanilla and I used pineapple juice in place of the brandy. I'm told they turned out well, but I can't eat wheat or sugar so I'll just have to take my husband and children's word for it. I lined the basket with the black and white dishcloths, wrapped it in cellophane and voila! A gift basket!

6 comments:

Abigail said...

What an excellent Gift Basket. You did a great job. I would have been thrilled to recieve it.

Tracy Batchelder said...

That's a gift basket I'd enjoy receiving! Your combination of vanilla and pineapple sounds much better than anise and brandy to me.

Jen said...

That is so neat! You should sell them. :)

Sandi said...

Hi! I am finally catching up on reading my favorite blogs and I went to comment on your blog from the other day and it wasn't there! I am glad I can make you smile! Thanks! I love your black and white dishcloths, and your idea of the gift basket! Have a great week! :-D

Maria said...

What a wonderful sounding gift basket! Wish I was getting it!! I haven't knit socks yet, but I want to, soon. I hope to find out what yarn you decide to use for your socks! There is a good website called "Simply Socks", and "The Loopy Ewe". Try those...

Anonymous said...

The gift baskets are lovely! You really have a great eye for arranging.