Sunday, February 17, 2008

Failed Afghan Intentions

When I began knitting these blue, white and gray strips I had every intention of turning them into another afghan similar to the one I knit for my mom. I was using the same pattern (pdf) but made a slight change in the edges (seed instead of garter) and the cable - knitting them in a small braid rather than a plain twist (which I actually think I like better anyway, but oh well). My problem came when I went to sew the strips together and realized I had accidentally knit some of them on the wrong sized needles. I guess my attention to detail is lacking from time to time.

I re-knit one of the strips on the smaller sized needles (because that was the original plan and most of them had been done that way). However, for several reasons I decided not to continue with the afghan and a week or so ago I started giving the strips away as scarves. They are warm and cozy and everyone liked them.

3 comments:

Jen said...

That totally sounds like something I would do! Giving them as scarves is a great idea. Such pretty blue coloes too. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something I would do too. Using them as scarves is a great way to repurpose them and save you having to frog.

Tracy Batchelder said...

They're great as scarves! Just the right length too. Good thinking!