Tuesday, December 22, 2009

75 Cent Teacher Gifts


Seventy-five cents is actually a guess. I didn't stop to figure out the exact price. They were inexpensive, anyway. I knit a bunch of little stockings (for reference, the plate in the picture is dinner-sized) and filled them mostly with dollar store items. The hand sanitizer came two to a pack and was the most expensive single item included. The clementines came in a big bag from Costco (we barely put a dent in the bag making our 13 stockings). Pencils and erasers came in packages that were divided. I bought the kisses for something else, had some left over so I just put them in for fun (and so I wouldn't eat them all myself). I made the hard suckers with a friend, also inexpensive. I'm told the teachers liked, if not loved, their little gifts. I liked making them.

5 comments:

Momma B said...

What a FABulous and thoughtful gift idea! (Hmmm...I might have made a few myself!)

Nancy said...

These are wonderful. From my own experience, I can tell you they are definitely appreciated.

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

I hope to learn a lot from yours and my sister's generosity!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Everyone loves a stocking of goodies. You did a great job on these!

Ruth's Place said...

Awesome teacher gifts!