Monday, March 23, 2009

tiny things


On Saturday I made a little sweater and hat set for my daughter's friends' little stuffed lamb. In case you think I've lost my mind (which actually you'd be right about, but that's beside the point) I am aware that is a picture of a horse. I had this adorable little friend find an animal from among the legions we own who is similar in size to the lamb of hers. This little horse fit the bill and so here he is modeling the purple and pink set.

The hat was knit on size 2 DPNs while the sweater was knit on size 3 needles (I don't have anything smaller in straight needles) using Caron Simply Soft. I just used buttons that I already had. To show how super tiny the hat really is, I took it's picture next to a ruler.


I brought the finished items to church yesterday and was very pleased to find out that the little girl had also brought her lamb, in case I needed it for sizing but not expecting the items to be finished already (she and I had talked about it on Friday). She was so cute and happy and later that night I received the sweetest thank-you email from her. It made me smile.

8 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

Doing some blog surfing tonight. I am enjoying your knitting. Also like your links, especially the Constitution Party link. I am sure I will find my way back soon.
We are not ready to plant anything here at all. I was looking at my yard yesterday thinking I could at least get out and clean it. I may wait for a little more warmth.

Tracy Batchelder said...

What a great project. It's fun to make people happy. And the set is really cute, too.

Changes in the wind said...

This is a great little sweater pattern and would be wonderful for a preemie...could you share the pattern with me? Mjames7704@cox.net

Nancy said...

What a darling sweater and hat.

Nothing warms the heart like the smile on a child's face. She is going to adore that knitted sweater and hat.

Momma B said...

That is entirely too cute!

knitalittle said...

Love it!!!!!!!!

Ruth's Place said...

WOW!! So tiny!!

Sandi said...

I am so impressed! Just adorable!