Saturday, July 31, 2010

schrute farms beets


I tried something new, freezer paper stenciling. I was nervous. It took longer than I wanted it to. But in the end, I am happy with my results.

Thankfully my fussy printer worked well enough for me to print off "Schrute Farms Beets" exactly how I wanted it. I taped the printed paper facing the waxy side of the freezer paper and cut around the letters with a blade. I didn't do a very good job. Oh well.

Then I removed the printer paper and ironed it, wax side down, onto my washed t-shirt.

Next I dabbed on fabric paint I had leftover from our 4th of July t-shirts, then left it in the sun to dry.

I peeled off the paper & heat set the paint with the iron. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I decided to use the brown paint instead of the white I had because I wanted a more subtle look. It's a gift for a fellow fan of The Office. I hope he likes it!

(Schrute Farms & Dwight. Also, my shirt was inspired by this shirt)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I've never heard of this technique. I am sure your friend will love the shirt.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I've never seen The Office, so the message is lost on me, but I know your friend will like it.

I just noticed the link to Tessa Says and read through the whole blog. I loved it! You could publish a book from those quotes.