I hope Christmas has found you happy and well, as it has us. For the most part. (Mikay had her tonsils out last week, so I'm not sure how happy or well she's feeling.)
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Thirteen things I love about Mikay
1. She plays the oboe.
2. She's a "friend for babies," and she always has been.
3. She is sarcastic in a funny way.
4. Even though she has been sick most of this school year, she still managed to land herself on the honor roll.
4. She is happy.
5. She chooses her friends well.
6. Her smile.
7. Mikay genuinely cares about people.
8. She is dedicated - to her family, to her friends, to her schoolwork, and to God.
9. I can ground her for the rest of her life, and she doesn't mind (little does she know, I plan on enforcing that one because I never want her to leave!).
10. She is well-rounded.
11. She is kind.
12. She's my kid.
13. I get to be her mom.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAELA MISHARON!
(or Mikaela Sharon, whichever)
Monday, December 12, 2011
Yahoo has an article up right now with a picture of this mixer claiming it is among the gifts men should not give their women. Seriously? Personally, I would die for this mixer. Well, perhaps die is a little dramatic. At any rate, who wouldn't adore this yummy, yellow mixer?
Please don't take yahoo's advice. Also, I would like a new crock pot.
I've been good(ish).
Thursday, December 08, 2011
The cookie cutters belonged to my mom when she was a child. This is their third (or so) year sitting atop the shadowbox frame in the corner of my kitchen. The towel is new this season. Well. New-ish. I made it for my parents when I was in the fourth grade. My mom gave it to me last year.